Thursday, August 6, 2009

Two Sunday's ago was my host brothers ziua de nashtere (b-day). He turned 8. I was at a nearbye town looking for a simple gift but all I really wanted to get him was a bike. I found out a few weeks back that he doesn't have one after a few of his buddies road off without him. He doesn't know how to ride a bike. But I have not transportation and basdically little money. It turned out that one of the PC employees who is Moldovan was able to help me find a bike posting on the internet in a nearbye town for really cheap 400 lei which is about $40, normally they cost 2200 lei new. The bike has a few problems with the derailer and the brake (i wish I had Will's skills) but I spend all my spending money for the rest of the month in order to get it for him. Anyway I took it home on a crowded public minibus, hid it at a neibor's house and presented it on at his birthday. I have been helping teach him how to ride. here's a video of his uncle basically picking him up and forcing him to learn. let's just say he hasn't figured out the whole stopping thing yet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so precious, the kid looks happy and scared out of his mind at the same time. What a sweet memory for him and for you!! You and Jess have been gifted by God with an amazing way to connect with people!! We miss you so much and love hearing these updates!! All our Love!!!
    kash

    ReplyDelete